Murrieta Tennis Club is now offering an online-based club singles & doubles ladder for the enjoyment of our members! It offers the convenience to schedule matches at your own leisure. The ladder is free to join for MTC members.
To join our ladder please complete our ladder sign-up form below or you can email us (ladies ladder email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, men's ladder email us at email@example.com. Ladder is open to our adult members only at this time.
Dear MTC Members,
We are ready to go live with the Top Dog Tennis Program. We have been using it behind the scenes at the club for the past month. This program has many tools that we will implement over time. As of now we will use the following aspects of the software:
• Men’s and Ladies Ladders - Where you can sign-up, challenge players & view results. Ladies please start using TopDog for your ladder and not TennisRungs.
• Club Play match recordings & club organization of Club Play - Where you can view your match history on Club Play matches. We will currently not use Top Dog for Club Play sign-ups.
• Club tournaments - You can sign-up for our club Championships on Feb 3rd for example.
• Member match arranging - Find matches with other players (once players have entered player availability)
• Recording scores from social matches - This is an optional for social matches.
Here are few things to keep in mind when using Top Dog. The Top Dog rating system is only used for Murrieta Tennis Club events. Top Dog uses a dynamic rating system. To learn more about the dynamic rating system you can visit topdogtennis.com and then go to Blog (before you click on the login). Your USTA rating was initially entered into the program. If you have played in any of our Club Play events your rating may have changed based on your results. If your Top Dog rating changes, it has nothing to do with any other rating system outside of Top Dog such as USTA or UTR. All matches entered into the Top Dog software will affect your Top Dog rating. Ladder matches will affect your Top Dog rating. If you record a social match it will affect your Top Dog rating.
On the next few pages you will find directions on how to get started with Top Dog. Please take some time to become familiar with the program and contact us if you have any questions.
Scott Dickey, Director of Tennis & CEO
• Ladder is open to MTC members only.
• Initial rankings will be assigned based on your NTRP rating and pro assessment.
• You will only be required to play one match a month.
• You may issue 1 challenge at a time.
• You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you.
• You may only challenge up two levels at a time.
• You must wait 7 days before re-challenging the same team/player. If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
• If challenged, you will have 3 days to “Accept” or “Deny” the challenge or the challenge will be considered a “Forfeit” and the challenger will be granted the win.
• By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 14 days after the date of acceptance.
• If you cannot play within 14 days, simply “Deny” the challenge and the challenger will be awarded the win and can move on.
• If a challenge is accepted and not played within 14 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Of course, since ranking continually change, a re-challenge may not be possible.
• We want to encourage everyone to accommodate each other’s schedules. We have players who cannot play during the daytime because they work during those hours.